February Winner

photo contest winner February 2011 at Pix-O-Sphere

Followers

Are You New To Our Blog?

Blog Design By:

Foursons - A Great Blog to Follow :)

Foursons

Ordinary Inspirations

My Facebook link

Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    MckMama and amazing mother/sister/wife and photographer!

    MckMama

    Blog Archive

    Friday, March 19, 2010

    I'm reminded of ...


    Tonight, as I was getting the boys ready for bed, we went through our nightly routine. Bathtime, hair combed, jammies on , stories read..... and then it was time for bed...........


    Well this Handsome to the left <------, was not at all happy about going to bed (nor has he been lately :) ) I heard what I have heard for the past few nights, arguing with me........... Mommy no, one more book..... no bedtime.......... read the Dinasour book........ over and over and over again..... and like any Mommy, I started to get stern and say No Handsome, its time for bed, go to your room!........ and then I stopped myself quickly, and realized............ he's doing something a typical little boy would do.....protesting the fact that he has to go to bed!


    Its moments like these, that I am so grateful for, the little moments.......even the ones where for a moment I forget and I am reminded of how special those moments are :)


    I love you Handsome and I'm so proud of you! Even when you argue with me :)


    Much Love,





    6 comments:

    BEE said...

    i love this post
    i find myelf needing to stop every once and awhile and look at all the typical things my son can do too
    :-)

    Amy said...

    :)

    Love the healing that is coming... it is these little glimpses that keep spreading and spreading... until one day the days of autism will be a memory. Praying for that day for Handsome... and rejoicing with you in these moments, LIs!

    love you!

    Lisa said...

    Bee, that is exactly what happened to me last night :) I love those moments, they bring me such joy :)

    My dear friend Amy :) thank you so much Amy!!! Your words and prayers mean so much to me.....HUGS......

    K Fuller said...

    And! There is no such thing as too many books and reading!!!!!!
    Typical!
    ~Believe~

    Foursons said...

    I remember the first time Jakob said "I love you Mommy" like it was yesterday. He was 3 before I heard it. :)

    Lisa said...

    My son was almost 4 before I heard him utter the word ma ma ma ma..........I got it recorded on my phone and still have it!! I cried like a baby :)...Makes me smile everytime I hear about another childs story :)

    Matthias through autism 2006 till today

    With this video

    Press play first, then press pause, and let it load for a few moments, otherwise the video will stop to load it alot when your watching it.

    This song speaks so much to me,to know the trials I have gone through are not .. Unredeemed by Selah

    Matthias Road to Recovery - This is what Faith can do! .

    stats

    counter