February Winner

photo contest winner February 2011 at Pix-O-Sphere

Followers

Are You New To Our Blog?

Blog Design By:

Foursons - A Great Blog to Follow :)

Foursons

Ordinary Inspirations

My Facebook link

Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    MckMama and amazing mother/sister/wife and photographer!

    MckMama

    Blog Archive

    Sunday, April 11, 2010

    Today is Day 11.....

    First off I have to say, this is not a nice little blog post today, I am going to rant and rave for a bit :)

    Of Autism (awareness) month, but I like to refer to it as, Autism Action month.... I and many others are VERY aware of autism, to some it has stolen their child who they try to recover every day and hope and pray they will hear them speak one word, to others it tried to steal their child but they were able to bring them back from the brinks of autism and to most.... it is a daily struggle, trying to find the balance of  living with autism in our midst on a minute to minute basis.

    Its heartbreaking as a parent to watch the news this month and only hear about Autism ONCE in the media.... The only day I even heard about it was on World Autism Day on April 2nd....  I'm sorry did I miss something? Isn't this whole month suppose to be about Autism and how Aware we need to be??? All I seem to hear and see is how quickly the media can point the finger at some doctors in the lime light and of course THAT receives airtime in the media!

    At what point will mainstream medicine wake up and deliver the real news!!!!!!! What we as parents already know,......genetics loads the gun, vaccines/environment pulls the trigger. That is what happened to our children, but NO ONE in our government wants to admit nor take the time to do the proper research. We are once again, lied to and told.... we are going to do the research that is necessary... YA RIGHT!!! No your not, your going to do the research that saves your butt from having to answer why on earth you would go against BIG PHARMA!!!!!!

    The media was quick to mention Dr.Wakefields article being pulled, but why don't we hear anything about the last month were the man at the head of the vaccines don't cause autism controvercy escaped with 2 mill. dollars of government money???? Where is that media coverage???? Heres a link I borrowed from one of my friends on Facebook with the story.....

    http://www.politicolnews.com/cdc-vaccine-fraud-2-million/

    Thats not all either, why wasn't THIS story bigger than it is either!!!! A former vaccine researcher came forward with the truth that he himself was paid to LIE and fake studies!!!! WTH!!!!! Heres the link for that one..... http://www.naturalnews.com/028194_Scott_Reuben_research_fraud.html

    Why in the heck are these not being talked about!!!! Autism is bigger than childhood aids and cancer(and please don't misunderstand, I'm not saying those aren't important either) and NO ONE wants to talk about the truth!!! They want to sweep it under the carpet and hope that it goes away....

    Well I have news for our government and the media that loves to cover up everything!!! WE WILL NOT GO AWAY...........  We will keep speaking out against you and everything you are doing AGAINST OUR CHILDREN!!!

    I just read an article yesterday about how an adult man with autism who also suffers from seizures, was refused treatment at all the local hospitals because they will not treat patients with autism.... NO I'm not kidding!!! Heres the link.... http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-news-autistic-denied-medical-story,0,6674840.story

    It makes me sick to think that not only do we have to worry about what our kids will or will not be able to do when they are adults, but NOW we have to worry about them being refused care simply because they have autism, and then they arrest him for kicking a guard and put him in JAIL with a bond of $8000!!!! What in the heck has this world come too?????? How is this ok??? Its clear discrimination and I can't believe they could hold someone in jail that is not mentally capable of understanding what they ahve done....

    So far for day 11 of Autism Action month, I have not read any nor seen any media coverage of autism, not even about this young man I wrote about above. I had to read about that from a group I belong too....

    I'm saddend by the lack of coverage and 'awareness' that is displayed on our TVs...

    I hope no one ever has to go through life living with autism, cause frankly... it sucks to watch your child struggle every day.... But I hope someway some how the people in the media and our government are affected so that they can see just how important this is.

    Much Love,

    2 comments:

    Sandy said...

    Lisa, I'm not a parent of an autistic child, but am a teacher of autistic children. I do understand as much as I can. I wish I could do something to help you. This is a great post!

    Sharry Edwards said...

    Lisa, your writings are absolutely inspiring. I've been so frustrated by the lack of caring that has been so blatantly displayed by the politicians in Washington. I spoke with Mary Tocco recently on my radio show...we have to get the message out about the dangerous link between autism and vaccines!
    Good luck in your journey, and keep writing. It is wonderful to read.

    Matthias through autism 2006 till today

    With this video

    Press play first, then press pause, and let it load for a few moments, otherwise the video will stop to load it alot when your watching it.

    This song speaks so much to me,to know the trials I have gone through are not .. Unredeemed by Selah

    Matthias Road to Recovery - This is what Faith can do! .

    stats

    counter