February Winner

photo contest winner February 2011 at Pix-O-Sphere

Followers

Are You New To Our Blog?

Blog Design By:

Foursons - A Great Blog to Follow :)

Foursons

Ordinary Inspirations

My Facebook link

Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    MckMama and amazing mother/sister/wife and photographer!

    MckMama

    Blog Archive

    Tuesday, April 21, 2009

    The little things in life..


    Wow its been a busy few days, Matthias is still making TONS of progress! This is week three of the new journey. The Methyl B12 shots have made a big difference with eye contact, and language. Matthias has been pretty consistent with his 2-3 word sentences very simple, lately he has 3-5 word sentences :) which is HUGE progress for my handsome! Just for an example, I can remember 2 years ago at this exact same time of year right before Mothers Day I was thinking it may be totally possible that my son will never talk. I was starting to try to come to terms with that and then a few days later right before Mothers day, he said something I had waited to hear form 3 years..... MOMMA! (The picture I've attached to this blog was from Mothers Day of that year :) ) That was the beginning of Matthias progress with speech. Now when I hear him talking in 3-5 word simple sentences I think of how blessed I am that he is able to talk and communicate some of his wants and needs to me.

    In the past week we have seen ups and downs in Matthias behaviors, would you continue to pray for him in this area? Its what he is struggling with the most lately and it really interfers with his learning at school and at home.

    We have been on a platue for awhile now where he didn't seem to progress at all and at times was regressing in some areas and we're starting to see progress again! Progress is always great to see, it helps boost your spirits to keep up the long haul. It's always wonderful to see your child beable to learn and understand what they are doing. But, either way it goes, I am just grateful that the Lord has given me the opportunity to be his Momma. Progress or no progress he's still my little Handsome, who has shown me how to be grateful for the little things in life.

    Much Love,
    Lisa

    2 comments:

    Tori said...

    Your blog is beautiful. I love reading your updates.

    Tori

    Anonymous said...

    AMAZING!!!! He is really taking off!!!! What progress!!

    Matthias through autism 2006 till today

    With this video

    Press play first, then press pause, and let it load for a few moments, otherwise the video will stop to load it alot when your watching it.

    This song speaks so much to me,to know the trials I have gone through are not .. Unredeemed by Selah

    Matthias Road to Recovery - This is what Faith can do! .

    stats

    counter