February Winner

photo contest winner February 2011 at Pix-O-Sphere

Followers

Are You New To Our Blog?

Blog Design By:

Foursons - A Great Blog to Follow :)

Foursons

Ordinary Inspirations

My Facebook link

Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    MckMama and amazing mother/sister/wife and photographer!

    MckMama

    Blog Archive

    Monday, April 27, 2009

    I wish.....


    First I have to say this beautiful picture is provided by a wonderful ministry called To Write their names in the sand. I have their link on my side bar.

    So I have been following a wonderful blog for a little baby named April Rose and her wonderful mother. I was so moved by her story when I first read it because she is in the same place I was in life with my first born son Keane. An unmarried Christian girl pregnant and with an unknown expectancy of her little babys life in the balance.




    She has gone through the same emotions as I did and has been able to write so eloquently about them, so I wanted to share with you her blog site. Please take a moment and read her wonderful blog posts, and take to heart what she says about the miracle she is experiencing in her life.



    It truly is worth the read. http://littleoneapril.blogspot.com/





    I wish I would have had the opportunity she has had to be able to tell my church family what I was going through. I wish I would have been given the chance to be accepted for who I was and been helped with what I was going through. It makes me wonder if I had been given that chance maybe things would have been different in my life? But then again, if they were different I wouldn't be who I am today. Its very hard to be a Christian in our society, let alone a single christian woman and pregnant. People just aren't sure what to make of you. At first I was so hurt by what was going on. I couldn't figure out why the same people who I loved so much and shared so much with couldn't reach out to me. I was still the same woman I was before, I had just sinned like everyone else, the only difference was my sin was noticable.



    Today in all honestly I really don't blame anyone, I'm no longer hurt by it. It's just a lesson we all had to learn. God took that moment in my life to bring me to Him for my answers.




    Even though I wasn't given those chances I am just glad the Lord gave me the chance to work through my experiences with Him. Because of that moment in my life, God truly showed me what it meant to love others unconditionally, to accept others for who they are and love them right where they are at.



    In the end my church family and friends were there when I needed them most. They visited me before I gave birth to my son and prayed for me. They held my hand and cried with me. They told me how much they loved me and my son. They planned my sons funeral for me, they brought food for my family, they held my hand when I said goodbye to my son and played beautiful music for him. They were there just like they always were. Sometimes we expect things to go a certain way in life, and God see's it diffently. He had them there, just when I needed them the most.(

    ).

    I am forever grateful for everything I have learned from my sons short lived life. It prepared me for the joys and struggles I experience today. If it wasn't for Keane, and the life lessons I have learned from his life, I wouldn't be who I am today and for that I am eternally grateful!




    Much Love,


    Lisa

    1 comment:

    Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

    I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious son. Praying God's continued comfort for you...

    In His Grace,
    Kelly Gerken
    Sufficient Grace Ministries

    Matthias through autism 2006 till today

    With this video

    Press play first, then press pause, and let it load for a few moments, otherwise the video will stop to load it alot when your watching it.

    This song speaks so much to me,to know the trials I have gone through are not .. Unredeemed by Selah

    Matthias Road to Recovery - This is what Faith can do! .

    stats

    counter